- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds mixed mushrooms, cut or torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound pappardelle
- 1 cup ricotta
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Toss together mushrooms, 1 tablespoon thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Add mushroom and herb mix to skillet and cook until mushrooms are golden, about 15 minutes.
In a separate pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add pappardelle and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of water from pasta.
Add pasta, water from pasta, ½ cup of ricotta, walnuts, salt and pepper to mushroom mix and combine.
Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with remaining ricotta and thyme.
Recipe provided by City Roots