- 3 fresh local red beets, stems removed, washed
- 4 cups fresh local arugula
- ½ cup fresh local pomegranate seeds
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- ½ cup local pecans
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place each beet in a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap tightly to seal. Roast beets in oven until soft, about 45 minutes. Let cool.
Place arugula in a salad bowl. Cut beets into quarters or eighths depending on their size, and toss with the arugula.
Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and pecans over the arugula. Crumble goat cheese on top.
Whisk together dressing ingredients to blend and add the dressing, salt and pepper to the salad bowl. Toss to blend all the flavors.